Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Eastside Stitchers Regular Wednesday

Hello:
We are having a heat wave (that means almost 80 F - 26 C).  I don't want it to pour, but my plants need some rain!

Great night as usual at Crossroads for the regular Eastside Stitchers meet up. 

The evening started with one of our new Stitchers lighting up the table with her smile.
Her mom, GwenS, was knitting a Citron, not sure of the yarn, but I would guess Malabrigo.
That is her watermelon smoothie from Boba Express. It's almost the same gorgeous pink as the shawl yarn.

JulieMustKnit was also starting a new project.  First I need to show you the hat Julie brought for Show and Tell.
It's Fuller Farm by Kate Gagnon Osborn.  Julie used yarn she bought on the 2014 South Sound LYS Crawl at the beginning of the month.  This yarn was from Firwood Farm Alpacas, and is simply gorgeous.  This is the 2nd project that Julie has finished with yarn she bought on the South Sound Crawl.

We discussed our schedule for the North Sound LYS Crawl which is this coming weekend.  I will try to post a list of the shops I hope to hit each of the days tomorrow.  If you are doing any part of the crawl, look for me.  I will be taking photos and asking questions.

Julie was beginning a project with more yarn from the crawl.  This was the Mountain Colors yarn from Canvas Works in Olympia.  The pattern was the free pattern from the shop and is Yellowstone Mitts.
CathieC is making owl mitts!
She was inspired by the owl mitts I received in the SavvyGirls Swapetition last December.  She is altering the pattern a bit to make the breast of the bird with seed stitches.  This really makes it look like feathers.

BlueBerryMary has started a pair of socks.
But, look!  She is adding 2 new techniques:  Magic Loop and 2-at-a-time.  She picked up the ideas really quickly, and is well on her way.

Readnitdream brought her beautiful Echo Flower Shawl in Malabrigo Lace.  This yarn just glows.  it's hard to see how beautiful the shawl is right now, but just wait until it is blocked.

Tara1682 left her knitting on the table to go get something to eat, and I just had to check out her beautiful Juno Regina Shawl.
Wajio was starting a Summer Flies.
Puzan was knitting something round that goes on your neck.
The beautiful yarn is Crystal Palace Yarns Mini Mochi in Equinox.  The pattern is Mira's Cowl. by Mira Cole.

Jittery Knitter was working on ... Something.  I have no idea what this is going to be or what the yarn is.
I believe it will be a shawl...

Ok, You know how bad I am as a reporter.

Tomorrow, I will hit Serial Knitters and Acorn Yarn is the early afternoon between jobs to get the 2014 North Puget Sound Yarn Crawl off to a good start.  I can't wait to see what the patterns from these shops are.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with yarny friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment