Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I'm Home for 3 Days


Hello!

I'm home for 3 days, then off to Arizona for a "Family Weekend" at the University of Arizona. I'm just posting a quick little update, because I am so busy trying to catch up on everything at home before running off, again.

So really, this is just to say:

Look!  Look! at me, I'm learning to spin on a drop spindle!

I just learned how to "Park and Draft."  And wow my first attempts were pretty funny.  I kept telling the instructor I was making novelty yarn.  But by the end of the hour, I had something that looked a bit more like real yarn.
Obviously, I'm just beginning.  I have a very vague idea of how to ply it when I get enough.  But, did you notice?  I'M SPINNING.

Ok, that's all for tonight because I'm trying to finish up a hat that I want to bring to Arizona.  I just had to frog it way back as it was HUGE.  I need to get to where I stopped increasing, well a bit before that, and make the darn thing smaller  (it's a top down one).  More on the hat tomorrow, I hope.

Stay safe and well.
Yours,
f1bercat
Shaping the planet with my own handspun.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely handspun!! I need to get myself a proper drop spindle and give it another go...

    ReplyDelete