Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Eastside Stitchers Discuss Halloween and Dr. Who

Hello!

Tonight was the regular Wednesday night meet up of the Eastside Stitchers, and thank goodness.  It is always so ... refreshing... to spend time stitching with my buddies.  Truly, no one understands my fiber feelings, but other stitchers.

The evening started off wonderfully for me because Jan attended and wow, she brought me some new fiber to spin on my spindle.  She knows I am just beginning to learn how to spin. and wanted me to have some new fibers to play with.  She brought me a bag of Cheviot and another of Alpaca.
They both felt really neat, the alpaca was especially soft.  Jan also showed me how to comb the roving to get it ready to spin.  I can't wait to play with these, and compare them to what I am currently spinning (I have no idea what it is other than WOOL).

But enough about my wonderful fiber presents and on to the important part of the evening, Who was there, and What were they knitting?  I can say "Knitting" tonight because everyone who came tonight had a knitting project.

Jan was working on a scarf.  This is for a local charity for seniors.  Most of the scarves that have been donated so far are obviously for women, so she thought she would make something that could be for a man, too.
Skeinherder was working on her Windward Shawl in the luscious Malabrigo. 
For Show and Tell, she was wearing a very pretty scarf; I think it was the Directional Colors Scarf by Lion Brand Yarn.

GwenS was knitting her Guernsey Wrap by Jared Flood.  The yarn is Shepherd's Wool.  She bought it during her own solo Yarn Crawl in Portland.
Too bad my photo is so awful.  You can just barely see the beautiful textured patterns.

Vanesapolo was a vision in red.  She was wearing her red February Lady Sweater by Pamela Wynne, knit in Knit Picks Swish Worsted in the color Serrano.


Vanesapolo was knitting in red, too.  The Brioche Vest by Meg Swansen in Bartlett Yarns.
When it was time to go, Vanesapolo put on a coat, a RED coat.  I'm sensing a pattern here...


Redbird1 had on a lovely pink Saroyan by Liz Abinante.
She has finished her top secret test knit and it should be in the mail tomorrow.  Tonight she brought her Three Yarn Magic Scarf to knit.






Colleen brought a beautiful mohair scarf in a stunning red.  Sorry the photo is so bad but my camera just hates red.

Chockelet brought a variety of projects.  She has been knitting up a storm.
First was her two-tone scarf  she is knitting in Shepherd's Wool.
But Chockelet spent most of the  night working on her Clapotis.
Anerebe was making good progress on her Cecily Beret by Melissa LaBarre.
I'm sorry again that this photo is not the best.  Anerebe had some really cute stitch markers in her knitting.  You can just barely see one of them.

My worst photo, though, is of Ellyol's bear.  She is doing a fabulous job.  I am so impressed at how quickly she picked up knitting, and how quickly she is improving her skills.  Note the change of color.
Ellyol also started a knitted hat tonight.  I did not get a photo, but she successfully joined it in the round, and was well on the way to a neat ribbing when we had to pack up.  Practice makes perfect, and she is really cranking out the knitting practice.

That's all for tonight.  Allifer came right at the end again.  We missed Hrvdmnky who was at Rhinebeck!  Tara who was... missing,Jen who was probably at work, and our other good fiber friends.

O!  I forgot to mention the title of this blog.  We will not meet next Wednesday as it is Halloween, but on Thursday, instead.  And for some reason, this caused a big discussion of Dr. Who.  I don't actually remember the tie-in.  But I am always ready to discuss Dr. Who.  David Tennant is my favorite Doctor.

Stay safe and well.
Yours,

f1bercat
Shaping the planet with great stitching buddies





















No comments:

Post a Comment