Sunday, October 21, 2012

Back home again

Hello!

The opening photo is a raccoon looking in our dining room window from the back deck.  It looks like a reflection, but this is because the lights are on inside, and I didn't want to use a flash to get this shot.  I was upstairs, reading all of the Ravelry chat that I have missed because I was out of town this weekend, when I heard a noise, looked out, and saw this GIANT peeping Rocky Raccoon!  It is totally fearless, which scares the crap out of me, and is... not... leaving!

Anyway, I am back from a visit to Tucson, Arizona where I spent the last 3 days with my son, Himes, at the University of Arizona's Family Weekend.





It is a very pretty school, in a super dry deserty way.

We saw Himes's dorm,


and met his wonderful roommate.



We got to watch the Advanced Men's Ballet Class as well as the 300 level Jazz class, but I didn't take any photos, not wanting to bother the dancers.  We also got to watch 2 rehearsals, which was soooo interesting.  One was of a modern jazz piece, that is really intense, and the other was a modern ballet that is to be called "Beaches" and is supposed to represent a day at the beach back around 1912 ish.  The ballet was only on it's 2nd rehearsal, so it was more staging than dancing, but the jazz piece was further along, and it was really cool.  I can't wait to see the finished dances, and compare them to what we saw this weekend.

We watched football on TV, played football in the street.


It was a multi-generation game, only interrupted by the discovery of the dead snake in the street.

The houses in this part of the United States are so distinctive.
as are the plants.
Saturday night we watched the University of Arizona Wildcats DESTROY the University of Washington Huskies.  I was a bit torn at the game, as the Huskies are our home team, but since I was at the game with Himes, I had fun cheering for his team.

Cousins at the game:
It was a wonderful weekend.  I worked a ton on my Bubbly socks, and will post photos tomorrow, I hope.

It is good to be home, though.  Even with the wildlife.

Stay safe and well.
Yours,

f1bercat
shaping the planet with a ginormous raccoon in the yard.











No comments:

Post a Comment