Saturday, July 28, 2012

Let the Games That Must Not Be Named Begin!

Just a quick post from Houston, where I am running around the  downtown






enjoying the fountains and artwork,





meeting the city dwellers,




 watching my son, Pookie, dance,


eating great food



in pleasant settings,



 with my sister, K, and Pookie.



The only problem is, I have been too busy to knit!  I know...  I can't believe it either.  I mean I bring my knitting everywhere, but either I am watching dancing (and I still have to LOOK at my knitting)




or I am eating






interspersed with riding in the car (where I can sometimes knit a row).

I stayed up last night when we got back from sushi followed by frozen yogurt in The Woodlands to cast on my first Ravellenics challenge, a pair of Yoga Socks from the Liz Marino Gift Knits Club.  I received the pattern and yarn for these last month, and was just waiting for the games to begin to cast on.




My sister is out for a morning run.  She is training for the Houston Half Marathon.  We will then pick Pookie up from the dorms, come back, eat some lunch, then head out for the airport where I hope to get some knitting done!  Definitely on the plane, yes, I will knit on the trip home.

Stay safe and well.

Yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with Texas Barbeque (that's what we plan to eat for lunch!)

Stars of Tomorrow











No comments:

Post a Comment