Saturday, July 21, 2012

Finished, Just One Day Late


The hydrangea in our front yard is in full bloom.

I didn't let myself work on my sock design.  I made myself work on, and finish, yes!, the toys I am making for my niece's birthday next month.

I made her a small knitted purse,

it is the Tweed Stitch Bag from Coupeville Yarns.  I got the free pattern and bought the yarns (Mauch Chunky in Grape by Kraemer Yarns, and Covington in Maroon by Cascade Yarns) during the 2012 Puget Sound LYS Tour last May.

The first toy is the mouse I made earlier this year (all of these toys are from the book Amigurumi by Lan-Anh Bui and Josephine Wan).


I have finished the 2 other toys that I plan to put inside the purse, as a birthday surprise.

The first is a tiger.
The second is the Ballet Bunny.


They are not perfect, but they are all perfectly cute.

Happy Birthday, K.

Yours,
Auntie f1bercat
shaping the planet with lots of little toys




3 comments:

  1. CUTE!! Have you gotten hooked on amigurumi yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love them. I wish I were better at hooking them, but, I hope that will come with practice. There is a member of my Eastside Stitchers Group, Ellyol, who does the most wonderful Amigurumi. I am so inspired by her pieces.

      Delete
  2. I am still planning on doing that tutorial for you! It might come a little after the Ravellenics, because it's all about the prizes. ;)

    ReplyDelete