Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Pookie again, and one of my students performs a Hamilton/Beatles mash up

Hello!

Pookie is on his way back home again.  He and Dan made it to Anchorage, AK.  The above photo (and below) is from Flattop Mountain which is just outside Anchorage.
You can hike to the top of the mountain, and obviously get these amazing views.

Pookie also sent me a photo from the Matanuska Glacier.  Which is a 4 mile long glacier north of Anchorage.

He messaged me today that they have made it back to Vanderhoof, BC.  I can't wait to see them.

Yesterday, I got an email from one of my Geometry students from last year.  I introduced my classes to the wonder that is Hamilton, the Musical in addition to the unit circle (with perhaps a bit more emphasis on Hamilton...)  This student did not show much interest although I put a Hamilton trivia question as the extra credit on every test.  One day in May she came running in all excited.  She had been in Boston over the weekend for a performance, and had finally listened to the Hamilton soundtrack on the airplane on the way back.  She was in LOVE!  She went on and on about how amazing the music is.  Duh!

Anyway, this student is a very accomplished violinist.  She and her sister have an ensemble act and have put some of their music on YouTube under the name, The Sempre Sisters.  Anyway, the younger sister was my student.  She emailed me that her sister arranged a mash up of "You'll be Back" from Hamilton and "Revolution" by the Beatles.

Go give it a listen.  It is wonderful.

And you can all thank me for educating and inspiring our youth.

Peace,

f1bercat
shaping the youth of America.







1 comment:

  1. Oh wow - the sisters are amazing! I felt my heart swell, that's how good it was! THANK YOU for inspiring our youth ��

    ReplyDelete