Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Eastside Stitcher Regular Wed (and a bit of student knitting)

Hello:

While the rest of the nation (just about) is buried under tons of snow, we are still pretty much dry here.  Our cold, clear days are just about at an end, and none too soon, in my opinion.  We are starting to cloud over a bit, and with our cloudy skies, comes much warmer weather.  I am looking forward to temperatures in the 50's F (11 C ) again, soon.

Our regular Wednesday meet up for the Eastside Stitchers was a bit small tonight, as colds held back a few of our members.  However, we had a lively group at the round table near Half-Price Books and Starbucks, where we discussed net neutrality and internet access, public transportation, the Madrona Fiber Arts Winter Retreat, and the Country Living Expo in Stanwood.  By the way, a group is definitely going to the Country Living Expo, so if you are interested, look for a thread in the Eastside Stitchers group on Ravelry with which classes people are interested in taking, and carpooling info.

Tonight, Wajio was knitting a cowl.  She is using some deep stash yarn, and a pattern by Nancy Hopf named Lace Cowl.

ReadnitDream was also knitting a lace cowl, sorry I'm not sure of the name.  If you remember from last week, she was casting on a provisional cast on (with a little advice from Wireknitter).  She turned that cast on into this beautiful picot edging, and is now into the lace pattern.
JulieMustKnit has a Barley Hat by tincanknits well on the way.  She is using HiKoo by Skacel in Simplinatural.
and well, BlueBerryMary was knitting a really cool textured scarf of her own design in Seattle Seahawks colors.  I swear I took a photo, but somehow, I don't have a photo.  ugh.  I honestly don't know what happened.

I also wanted to show you the progress on my student, E's hat.
He is starting to get a bit antsy, and wants to finish the hat.  Yesterday, he tried it on, but it is really too short, still.  I need to bring my tape measure so he can see where he is, and how many more inches he need to knit before we start closing the top.  I think he needs at least 7  in from the ribbing before we start the decrease rounds.  I might give him a locking stitch marker so he can see his progress better.

I'm almost finished with the Racing Raindrops scarf that I am knitting for the SavvyGirls' Swapetition.  We are supposed to mail out our packages by tomorrow, and I will not make that deadline.  I should finish the scarf by tomorrow, but my swap partner is over seas, so I have to fill out a customs form to mail it and can only do that when the post office is open.  That will have to happen on Saturday morning.  Ugh, I hate being late, but I don't see any other way to do this.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with great conversation and yarn

No comments:

Post a Comment