Saturday, November 30, 2013

Swapetition

Hello!
I got up at 4:30 am and headed out to SeaTac for a 7:30 am flight to So. California.  My sister-in-law is doing something ... military... that involves going out of town, so I will stay with my brother and his two kids who are home (his oldest is a freshman in college), and run the house for a week.  The internet is so slow here, that posting photos becomes a pain in the neck, but the Advent Calendar Scarf 2013 starts tomorrow, so I am going to try to stay on top of that with a post every day.  At least the light is better here for taking photos during the day.

I want to tell you about the Swapetition, swap/competition, that the SavvyGirls are hosting.  I sent my package, and got mine in the mail last week.  I really want to show you how awesome the packages are.

The theme is "winter is coming."  The person who had me as a target is Qwerty88 on Ravelry.  She stalked me really well, and managed to send some perfect things for me.
Her box included a beautiful pair of socks that actually fit.  This is not easy as I have fairly large feet.  She also made the cutest Owl fingerless mitts.  I wore them to Crossroads for Eastside Stitchers last Wednesday night and two random shoppers stopped and asked me about them.  I have downloaded the free pattern and am planning to make a pair or two myself.  She also made me a really cute needle case.  You can see it on the right side with the red fabric and the little sheep.  There is a skein of very beautiful sock yarn, and some Canadian candy.  The book is a fantasy by Diana Wynne Jones, one of my favorite authors.  I am so happy to have my own copy.

My box (I can't reveal my target, as she has not received it) was a sort of anti-winter box.  All I kept thinking, when I was in Hawaii, was, "if winter is coming... then get out of town!"  So I sent my target to Hawaii on a vacation.

I included a spa day, with 3 washcloths, some bubblebath, aloe soap and scented lotion.  Also some Hawaiian Salt Caramels (from Boehms Chocolates in Issaquah, WA).

Then, since my target is a tea drinker, I made her a Hibiscus Teapot Cozy and 4 Hibiscus Coasters.  I also threw in 2 tins of loose tea, one green and the other chamomile.

In case she wants to knit on her vacation, I put in a skein of Imperial Yarn (ha ha I bought it at Tolt Yarn and Wool), and a project bag made with Vintage Hawaiian fabric I bought in Lahaina, Maui.
She will need some new stitch markers... so, I gave her two sets.  One is crocheted flower markers with a butterfly,

and the other are sand colored, with a special one with a shell from Napili Bay in Maui.
My target has grandkids, so I included a small gift for them, too, some Rainbow Lolipops.
Aloha!
f1bercat
shaping the planet with swap goodies.





No comments:

Post a Comment