Saturday, November 16, 2013

Fiber Friday with Phone Photos

Hello:

Yes, I did it again, I forgot my camera today for Fiber Friday.  In my defense, I had a Pre-Algebra Class substitute job this morning.  I remembered to bring 2 different projects, and my Happy Hippo, but, I forgot the camera.

Since I am not one to give up, I used my phone to take pictures of what we were working on.  I do not have a smart phone.  I have, what I like to call, a "stupid phone."  It is not only NOT smart, but it is 3 years old, which in phone years means it is ancient.  It works just fine for calls and texts, so I have not replaced it.

Anyway, who was there and what were they knitting?

Winterpromise brought a new hat, but I got a photo of the baby blanket she was working on.
I just love the lacy border.

CathieC is swatching for a poncho project she is starting.  She actually cast on on Wed., but then wasn't sure that the poncho would be wide enough.  We did some math using the schematic in the pattern, and the pythagorean formula where the length of the poncho over the arms was the hypotenuse.  It was fun, and you DO use that math you learned in middle school.
Constance49 brought a new shawl she is making.  This one is called Dinner in the Eiffel Tower.
Constance49 also brought another shawl, this one finished.  It is from a free pattern she got at our LYS, Serial Knitters.
Wajio is still on vacation, which works well for us as she shows up for Fiber Friday!  She brought her socks.  She told me not to take a photo, as they haven't changed much from Wednesday, but that isn't true.  She has finished the second heel.
BlueBerryMary is making a beautiful lace shawl.
I think I tried to photograph the name of the pattern, but ha ha ha I can't read it now.

CodyJunk showed up even later than I did.  She brought this amazing Yeti she had hooked.  I'm not sure why there is no photo.  But there isn't. Too bad, because it was really cute.

I brought the R-Rated Bird socks I am making for Moogie.  Both my heels are finished, and I have started the feet.  No photos of my work, as after Fiber Friday, I ran home, grabbed my stuff, and headed out to Bellevue College for some tutoring.

It is absolutely pouring rain right now.  I need to get some sleep, if I can with all of the pounding noise on the roof!

Peace
f1bercat
shaping the planet with WOOL







No comments:

Post a Comment