Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Finally Friday

Kiku, Pacific Rose, Lady Alice, Ambrosia

Hello!

Washington apples.  I never get tired of them.

Well, since tomorrow is Wednesday, and I will be getting together with my wonderful Stitch Buds, the Eastside Stitchers, I thought I had better post the photos of my LAST meet up with the Eastside Stitchers which was Friday, February 8.  I usually post right away, but I got home from our meet up (this is the part where I make excuses and justify myself), and got to work on my Valentine's exchange homemade item for the HPKCHC (Harry Potter Knit Crochet House Cup) Gryffindors.

See this is what happens when I don't post daily. I have spent just about every minute possible stitching.  When I am drooping with tiredness, I stumble off to bed thinking, "I will post tomorrow."  I get up in the morning, and immediately start stitching again.  I both love and hate the self imposed deadlines from being in knitting/crochet challenges.  I actually get projects finished.  Every month.  Multiple projects.  Yet, I feel pressure and stress that I am falling behind and won't finish these projects by the end of the month.  I am stitching so much that I just don't think I can bear to spend the time writing about what I am stitching.  But, I can spend a bit of time writing about what my buddies are stitching!


Redbird1 was working on her Biscuit cowl by Bonnie Sennott.
Vanesapolo brought her hat.  She made a wonderful steeked vest that she designed herself, and is now making accessories in the same stitch/color work pattern. 
Skeinherder has turned the heel on her first Smaug sock by Claire Ellen.
I know you can't really see it in the above photo, but Skeinherder discovered that one of the cable links (on the right in the photo) was one row longer than all of the others.  It was on a part of the sock that would be inside her shoe.  Never to be seen.  She decided to leave it alone and keep knitting.

By the time she got home, a bit later, she changed her mind and ripped back.  The socks are just so cool that she couldn't bear to have that error.

It was just the 4 of us.  But we had some show and tell in addition to the current projects.

Vanesapolo is still crafting for upcoming baby showers for various friends.  She brought 2 of her gifts-to-be:


Redbird1 was wearing one of her own sweaters.  Her very FIRST sweater.  Her wonderful very first sweater that she ever knit:

Redbird1 brought THE SWEATER she plans to wear to Madrona this coming weekend.  She had sewn on one of the sleeves as of last Friday.



















Vanesapolo also brought one of her project bags to share:
A really delightful day.

I will post again tomorrow.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with a Friday post...FINALLY!






No comments:

Post a Comment