Wednesday, December 9, 2015

School Cancelled due to Power Outage and Eastside Knitters

Hello:
This morning, I got up as usual to get to the gym before school, and as I was stepping out of the shower once I was home, my phone rang.  The automated system was calling me to say that as the power was out at my school, SCHOOL WAS CANCELLED! 

So, what did I do on my unexpected day off?

I spun at my wheel.
I caught up my Cables and Lace Advent Scarf by Tricia Weatherstone to Day 8.
I worked on a secret project.
Then I went to some Tech Training for my job and after that... Knitting at Crossroads with the Eastside Stitchers,

There was a bit of gift knitting going on, so I was not able to take photos of every project.  But, BlueberryMary was pretty sure it was ok to photograph this beautiful lace top she is almost finished with.
Pamela2708 is knitting a beautiful lace and bead shawl.

Puzan is knitting a scarf with a variegated center, and textured sides.
Wireknitter brought her finished shawl for show and tell, and
a cowl she is test knitting.
GwenS was knitting a top for the beautiful Addie (and finishing something else, that I cannot show.)
JitteryKnitter has made great progress on this beautiful cowl, and
this pair of fingerless mitts.

Tara1682 has also made huge progress on her umpteenth Linen Stitch Scarf.
DomesticShorthair has solved the "how do I knit the arms of this sweater?!!" problem and is now moving forward on her lace sweater.
She also brought this beautiful shawl, Easy by Martina Behn, that she is knitting in Zauberball.
ReadnitDream brought a finished shawl,
and pair of socks,
and a mystery project.
Anya is knitting a Snowman.
CrunchyNumbers has made enough progress on her lace shawl, that you can see the lace work.
Wajio was also at knitting, but somehow, I didn't get a photo of her project.

Well, it's back to work tomorrow.  There is supposed to be more wind... I guess it is too much to expect another day off ... but I can dream.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet in wind and rain and hail!

No comments:

Post a Comment