Thursday, December 10, 2015

Narrow Escape

Hello:
I heard a GIANT THUMP! last night, not sure what time but definitely after midnight.  I knew the wind was really blowing, and I knew something had hit the roof.  I was afraid to get up, so I just stayed in bed listening.  I couldn't hear any sounds of glass, or dripping water, etc.
I got up at 5:15 am as usual to go to the gym.  It is VERY dark here at that time, and well, I had kind of forgotten about the thump in the night.  I did check the livingroom ceiling, it is vaulted with a huge beam and wood panels, and everything seemed tight.
When I got home from the gym, I showered and sat down to spin.  My wheel is set up in the livingroom by the big picture windows as the light is best there, when the sun is up.

I spun for about an hour, then stopped to eat breakfast, pack my lunch and leave for work.  I glanced outside to see if the storm had cleared enough to take a photo of the lake and mountains, and saw that huge branch, leaning up against the ceiling beam and the roof on our back deck.  As far as we can tell, there is no damage to the roof, and all of the windows are fine.

O, and the Cascades look beautiful in all the new snow from the storm.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet out of the wind and rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment