Thursday, January 8, 2015

Eastside Stitchers Meet on Wed

Hello:
The above photo is of fog on Lake Samammish in the morning.  The next one is of the fog yesterday evening before I left for knitting with the Eastside Stitchers at Crossroads in Bellevue.
We've been having some "dead air" where there is no wind.  This can be a huge problem with air pollution.  I have to admit that I like to fog, though it makes driving scary.

We had a nice group again knitting near Half-Price Books.


Tara1682 was finally able to make it again. (works stinks).  She brought her latest Linen Stitch Scarf.  It's the teal one at the top.  ReadnitDream also brought a linen stitch scarf!  Hers is the bottom one in red, green and the variegated yarn.  It was really fun to compare the two.

NightOrchid was knitting her husband a hat.  He must be really knitworthy because it is black, fingering weight, wool/cashmere blend.  She repurposed yarn from a thrift shop sweater.  It is knitting up beautifully.
When I say that Tara1682 brought her latest Linen Stitch Scarf, I mean it was actually still on the needles, but she was on the very last row and ready to cast off.
Sorry, GwenS for the horrible photo.  But this is GwenS's most recent hat.

WireKnitter brought her Travelling Shawl.
She was wearing a new shawl, Pure, by cabinfour.
ReadnitDream brought her Linen Stitch Scarf for show and tell, but she was knitting a Brioche cowl.
Brioche is one of the techniques that I am going to try this year.
BlueBerryMary brought her latest child's sweater.  The smocking on the bodice is really lovely.

DomesticShorthair brought 2 finished pieces for show and tell.  The top one is her Concentric Shawl.  And the bottom (bad photo) is a Twistin' The Night Away headband.

I brought a new scarf that I am knitting for my son, Himes.  I'm using Seahawks colors (Lime Green, almost Navy Blue, and Light Gray).  I'm using a tweed stitch with applied icord on the sides.  I like how the icord finished the side neatly and hides the yarn colors that I am bringing up the sides.
You can see the icord bettern on the back side.
This is a really easy knit, and it looks awesome.  I will definitely be writing this pattern up.  It is very addictive knitting.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with Seahawks colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment