Thursday, September 12, 2013

Little Lies and Funny Texts

6:30 am
Hello:

Little Lies
First, I have to confess that I lied on my post of Tuesday, September 10, when I said the bags I was making were for a bag exchange.  One is for a reward for playing Quidditch for the Pride Challenge in the Harry Potter Knitting/Crochet House Cup Group.  The idea is that if you are in my pride, Acid Pops, and you score (turn in a project) in Quidditch, your name will be put in a hat for every 50 Quidditch points.  You can win one of four different prizes, and one of the project bags I made is a prize.  What is the Pride Challenge?  Well, in Gryffindor, we are so Quidditch Crazy, that not only are we competing with the three other houses, but we are competing within our own house.  Each Gryffindor Pride (the way we divide up into groups) is trying to score the most Quidditch points for the house.  Since I am a Pride Leader this term, I decided to give my Pride a bit of incentive to turn in those Quidditch projects.

The other bag I made (they are identical except for the pockets) was a surprise birthday gift for Skeinherder.  I didn't want her to know I had made her a bag, so I pretended it was for an exchange.  Happy Birthday, Skeinherder.  She has started a new job, and can't make it to Fiber Fridays any more, which makes me really sad.  I mean I am happy she found a good job, but well...

Anyway, I thought she needed a new project bag just for fun.  This is what the two bags look like:

Each has a black skeleton side, and a purple cat side.  I love how they came out.  I have more of the fabric, so I think I will make one for me, too. 

Funny Texts
My kids don't always call me, they usually text.   I don't think they are reading my blog regularly (if at all), so I think I am safe to copy some of their texts here.

From Moogie at NYU:

"My Econ prof has been telling us for 30 minutes about the different ways to buy the textbook."

"It's drizzling, and everyone has umbrellas."

"My Econ prof just recommended that everyone watch Animal House."

"I answered a question wrong.  Embarassingggggggggggg"

"I'M LIVING IN NEW YORK CITY!"

From Pookie at Princeton:

"I'm getting books today.  I'll tell you how much they cost so you can cry." "Books were $300, hahaha."
(just saying that Moogie's book total was $1000, I am not kidding.)

"It's drizzling, and everyone has umbrellas."

"I'm in a room where Einstein used to teach right now."
"The writing says, 'The spirit of Dr. Einstein remains within 302."

"Milk for every meal isn't bad for you, right?"

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet while reading texts.

8:30 am


No comments:

Post a Comment