Saturday, May 5, 2012

Photo Rounds For Windowpane Square by Chris Simon


2012.05.05




Rounds for the Windowpane 12 in Square by Chris Simon


These are photos of the Rounds for the 2012BAMCAL Square for May.  Purely coincidence that  both this square, and the 6 in. choice were designed by the same person?  Or, just a really good crochet designer? Chris Simon's website is www.yarncrazy.com.




I usually like to play with color changes when I hook  my squares for this BAMCAL, but although I do like the multicolor versions in the chat thread for this square, I just really like the way it looks in a single color.  So, that is how I hooked it for both of the afghans I am making this year.  Just like with the 6 in. square by Chris Simon, the Gem Star Square, that I did a photo tutorial for earlier, the instructions are very clear and easy for this square.  As I hook my squares, I keep up a Word page, and take notes of any problems, unclear parts, or corrections I make as I go.  If there are none, I type "as written," meaning that I simply hooked the round as it was written.  If I do make any notes, I write them in BLUE so I can tell what was original instruction, and what I changed or added.  The only changes I made for this group of round photos, were that I kept the Round numbers going rather than starting them over when I started the "in the round" part.



Round 1: 
 as written
Round 1
Round 2:
as written

Round 2

Round 3:
as written

Round 3

Round 4:
as written

Round 4

Round 5 (Round 1):
as written

Round 5

Round 6 (Round 2):
as written

Round 6

Round 7 (Round 3):
As written

Round 7

Round 8 (Round 4):
as written

Round 8

Round 9 (Round 5):
as written
Round 9



Round 10 (Round 6):
Round 10

Round 11 (Round 7):
as written

Round 11

Round 12 (Round 8):
as written


Round 12

Round 13 (Round 9): 
I measured at this point and got 11.5 inches.















I used 9B (the sc round)
as written
12 in!











Round 13 Final Round

 Here is the finished square in red:


 Thanks again to Chris Simon for a really nice square.  And thank you for making the design free.

Yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet one windowpane at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment