Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Bike Ride Gets me a bit Closer to Portland


WIP's

I am knitting away. I am making pretty good progress on all of my WIP's, and am trying to decide a couple more to start.  I got 2 super nice hat patterns and the yarn on the Puget Sound LYS Tour, AND my new Liz Marino Gift Club project came in the mail, and that is a hat, too!  I think I will cast on the Liz hat first.  I am not sure who it will be for, though.  I am making a pile of my gifts for Christmas, and for some of them, I will decide later who they are for. 

This hat is a Tam, and I have never made one before, but I love the pattern in the picture, so I am ready to go for it! 

This month, the Sharing Our Gifts Group on Ravelry is also making hats.  They want the yarn to be super soft as the hats are for Chemo Patients, and that is supposedly the only criteria, but there is a Chemo Hat Group on Ravelry, and I was checking out their projects, and all of their hats are cotton blends.  So, I might HAVE TO BUY YARN.  LOL!  can you believe it?  I should have checked what the project was before I did the yarn crawl.  The Knittery, in Renton had a nice supply of cotton yarns, so I might stop back there and pick up a skein or two.

I have finished all of the knitting on the Fish Hat I am making for my nephew, A, for his wedding.  I hope to block it tonight and get a photo up here tomorrow.


Where in the World is f1bercat?


I knitted 4.12 miles today, and that put me at 192.92 miles, and stuck on the side of the road, on the Columbia River Highway, in Oregon.


View Larger Map

I am getting closer to Portland, and a visit with my daughter, S.


View Larger Map

 But I better hurry!  Her school year will be ending soon.

Stay safe and well.
Yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet one super soft hat at a time







No comments:

Post a Comment