Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Confessions

Black Bart Iris 2012.05.23

Tonight the Eastside Stitchers met as usual at Crossroads Mall in Bellevue, WA.  I must confess that I was so engrossed in the chat that I did not take photos.  I thought of it briefly when I first sat down, but then I just forgot.

Chockelet brought the yarn she had bought on the 2012 Puget Sound LYS Tour for show and tell.  And what a show it was.  Such beautiful yarn... (no photos though).  We had a really great time discussing the various stores  on the tour and what we liked about each one.  Cleothyla was able to hit about 5 stores, but had done the entire tour last year, so we had a lively discussion.

Chockelet and Allifer (who came really late from work) both brought WIPs using  the most gorgeous lace yarns that they had bought at Churchmouse Yarn & Teas on Bainbridge Island during the Tour.  The rest of us spent quite some time just fondling their yarn.  OOOOOOO soft.  Again, no photos, because I confess that I am an idiot.

MsWiz was making the cutest dog sweater, with a skull and cross bones on it.

GwenS is almost finished with her Color Affection shawl in the beautiful pink, green and brown Malabrigo.

Jan was there, but had forgotten a page of her instructions.  So, she mostly joined in the conversation.

Cleothyla was knitting some beautiful lace.  I think it was the beginning of a shawl.

Tara has made huge progress on her cowl.

I mostly worked on sewing in ends on the many squares I have hooked for the 2012BAMCAL group on Ravelry

Of course, I could say we were all knitting pigs, and you wouldn't know if I were telling the truth or not because I have NO PHOTOS.

Where in the World is f1bercat?

I stitched a total of 4.1 miles today, which puts my total miles at 196.93 miles.  I should hit 200 miles tomorrow.  I remember how excited I was when I hit 100 miles.  Even with my long absence from my flu, I am making good progress.


View Larger Map

Still stuck on the side of the road, but Oregon is beautiful, so I'm having fun.  Even though it rained today.

Not much change from yesterday, but every 4 miles helps.


View Larger Map

Confessions continued.

So here is the real confession for this blog post.  During the LYS crawl, I did laundry every day, sometimes 2 loads, but I did not fold any of it.



I just piled the clean laundry on the loveseat in the TV room, and started another load.  This morning I told myself that I had to get a start on the folding.  So I turned on the TV to the last recorded show of Avatar, The Legend of Korra, and started folding.

When the show ended, I stopped folding because I wanted to knit.


Four folded piles.  But the love seat still looked like this:


EEK!  Then my youngest son, L, told me that he had a load in the washer, and asked if I could switch it to the dryer for him.

The love seat is piled even higher now.

I am confessing that I put knitting before folding laundry.

Stay safe and well.

Yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet one non folded piece of clean laundry at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment