Monday, May 14, 2012

The one where I waited too late to post then did this lame post because I wanted to post something...

2012.05.13
Warning, at the bottom there are spoiler photos of the SKA May Mystery Sock by Rose Hiver.  So, if you are planning on joining in on the Mock, and don't want to see what it looks like, do not scroll down.  That being said...

I wanted to write a post showing the extremely cool spa wash cloths I am making.  These are a part of the Liz Marino Gift Club,  I am on the 3rd wash cloth and about half way finished with it.



The yarn is 100% organic cotton and organically dyed.  I love the colors.  The patterns are super easy of course.  Liz came up with a few pretty, simple yet rough?  nubby?  how to describe?  well the patterns are meant to make the washcloths slough off the dead skin, etc, when you wash your face.


This is a fun type of what I think the Knitmore Girls would call potato chip knitting.  It's fun and fast and hard to put down.  When I finish the last of the three that came with the club, I am definitely casting on another set of 3.  I have decided that I want to give these to my 3 sisters, and 4 sisters-in-law next Christmas, along with some really nice face wash.


It's a practical, yet decadent gift.

The other thing I have made super progress on is the Mock challenge for May for SKA (Sock Knitters Anonymous) group on Ravelry, the Chiendent Socks by Rose Hiver.  Rose Hiver is a member of SKA, and I have long enjoyed her designs.  She does not do these wild, impractical socks that look amazing but don't stay up.  Yet, her socks are always very pretty. 

I am making my socks in Turquoise Cascade Heritage Sock.  I have finished Clue 2 which included the legs and heel flaps.  So to refresh your memories,

Clue 1 was the cuffs:


Clue 2 kept the lace that goes down the center of the front and back, but changed the sides from lace to a seed stitch.

As you can see the heel flaps are pretty standard, but using ktbl instead of just k, makes that very pretty ridge a bit more distinctive.

I brought my socks to a neighborhood party on Saturday at our park, and received tons of complements, though most were for the color of the yarn.  I am trying to start a knitting group in my neighborhood, so am knitting in public whenever possible.  I want to have an adult group, and a kids' group.  More on these ideas later.

Clue 3 will be posted tomorrow, and I will get to work on the heels, and gusset, I presume.  Stay tuned for more ....

That's about all.  I do have a where in the world is f1bercat to post, but once again, I put the writing off until I was just too late to do the mapping, etc, necessary.

This week Thursday - Sunday is the Puget Sound Local Yarn Crawl.  I will be visiting 21 yarn shops in 4 days.  I will bring my camera and try to take notes, but since I will be doing all of the driving, I think it will be a lot of photos and not many notes.  It should give me (and therefore you, f1beristas) a taste of what we have to offer in the Puget Sound area.

Good night for now.

Stay safe and well.
Yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet lots of socks and washcloths at a time







No comments:

Post a Comment