Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Eastside Stitchers

2012.05.09
 The Eastside Stitchers Group met at Crossroads Mall tonight for some knitting, crocheting, lots of coffee (on my part), and another new friend.

Who was there and what were they hooking/knitting?

We were happy to welcome Jan (Ravelry name???  sorry, I am not sure).  She brought  a scarf she was just beginning.  The cool thing about it is that it is a double sided pattern, wait I think she called it "reversible."  I checked out photos of  both sides on the pattern, and both are really neat.  I hope she has more finished next week.







Tara came at the end, and of course I forgot to get a photo of her WIP.  Sorry!

Colleen has made some progress on the gorgeous lavender lace baby blanket.











Chockelet brought 2, count them 2, Noro scarves.  The first one was finished, and yes, I mean actually finished.  At first , Chockelet claimed that it was finished, but we all noticed the ends had NOT BEEN WOVEN IN.  Can one call something finished, if the ends are not woven in?  Me Thinks Not.  However, Chockelet proceeded to weave in all ends  right before our eyes, as well as demonstrating a magic knot.  So we are calling the first scarf truly finished.










Chockelet had just begun the 2nd Noro scarf.  This one is with a smaller gauge yarn.  It is starting out beautifully.






GwenS has finshed her beautiful beaded cowl.    Once again, the photo does not do this piece justice.  The flash bleaches out the blue, and you can't really see the beads.  Perhaps, one day I will be able to photograph it during daylight, and get a truer photo.  I can say that it is really beautiful.  Trust me.









Allifer finished her 3rd placemat.  (I have finished all 4 of mine ... just saying).  She tried to claim some thing like, O!  I just crochet while I'm watching TV... Whatever...) Actually, I watched her hook, and she is pretty fast.  Much faster than I am.  I taught her how to crochet.  I am choosing to  be proud of her speed and skill, and not jealous.


We really missed our good friends Ellyol, MsWiz,
Cleothyla, Jenknotsed8, as well as SeattleAmy, and Amigirl.  I know people have lives.  I hope that you are all well. and that we will see you next week.


Where in the World is f1bercat?

Yes!  I made it to the Y today and knit for 4 miles exactly.  Ok, when I hit 4 miles, I abruptly stopped knitting.  But that was my goal, so I am happy that I did it, especially as I had a headache when I woke up.  I did not sleep well because I kept having the weirdest dreams about NCIS.  All I remember is that it involved Jimmy Palmer.  No clue why.

So back to the bike trip,  with those 4 miles, I have now knit a total of  183.63 miles which puts me here:


View Larger Map

still stuck on the side of the road.  Friday, I should make it to a real place, a LYS called Knit Divas.  I can't wait.

I am proud of myself for getting on the bike today.

Stay safe and well.  And get on what ever you are using as a "bike."  We all need to move around a bit.

Yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet one unfolding poppy at a time.



No comments:

Post a Comment