Thursday, May 3, 2012

Miss Your Bus, Find a Knitting Group!

2012.05.03 


Last night was the regular Wednesday Stitch N Bitch at Crossroads Mall for the Eastside Stitchers.    A group of regulars was sitting, stitching, chatting, drinking coffee (some were eating lemon poundcake!), when a NEW Stitcher walked up.

Here's the story:  Tara1682 missed her bus to work.  Not a horrible problem, in fact, a great opportunity.  So, she gets on the next bus and.... SOMEONE IS CROCHETING.  It is our own Ellyol.  They chat (as knitters do), and Tara learns that there is a great group meeting regularly for fun and fiber on Wednesday nights.  Public transportation is truly the best.

Who did Tara1682 meet at her first Eastside Stitchers Wed?  and more importantly, what was Tara1682 knitting?  (as well as the rest of us)?

Tara brought a beautiful cable scarf.


 Ellyol was weaving in ends on a black (I swear it was black not purple) and green hat:

Ellyol also started a pair of Cowboy Boots:





Colleen had made some progress on her lovely lavender lace baby blanket.  She said that she should have known she was in trouble when she saw the number of stitches needed to cast on.  I think it's worth it, though.  Truly lovely work.


Chockelet is still working on her Noro lace scarf:  See the spines of the library books near her scarf?  One of the totally cool things about Crossroads Mall is that the King County Library System has a small Library stop in the mall.  You can go on line and reserve a book and have it sent to the library of your choice in the County Library System.  When the book arrives, they email you to come pick it up.  We can get our library books right at Crossroads (and return them there also).  What did Chockelet check out?  2-at-a-Time Socks! 


MsWiz has made great progress on her Green Blob.  I know she is sick of all the stockinette, but really, she has made huge progress, and just needs to keep on knitting. Tiny needles, fingering weight yarn, stockinette.  EEK!  But, she is almost to the good part.


Allifer and I were both working on our placemats which will be a housewarming gift for my sister, K, (Allifer's aunt), who has bought a new house.  I had about 3 colors finished when Allifer showed up.  She started her 2nd mat, and in 1/2 hour passed me up.  Why am I so slow?

We hope these to be finished next week so that we can get them in the mail.


OOO!  I almost forgot.  I wore my Subtle Socks that I finished on Friday.  I haven't posted the finished photo of them here.  They fit perfectly, I love the color, the feel of the yarn, and I love the pattern.  Pattern is Lyra's Socks by DXM Patterns (DeusXMachina on Ravelry), yarn is Miss Babs Yummy Sock in the Squash Blossom colorway.


I have also finished my first pair of Snuggly Socks from the Liz Marino Gift Knits Club.  I don't have a photo yet, but I will try to get that up tomorrow.  Liz calls this pattern Snuggly Socks because they are stretchy, easy to make, and comfortable.  I call them Better Than French Vanilla Socks because the pattern is super easy to remember, and they have everything you want in a vanilla sock, but are so much nicer.  Anyway, I cast off the first pair (they will be a wedding gift for my nephew's new bride), and immediately cast on another pair.  The new ones will be for my son, J, the dancer.  So far I have 2 rows =)

Stay well.  I am off to the Pike Place Market in Seattle to buy some fresh Salmon and have it shipped to my father-in-law in Arizona for his birthday.

Yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet one fabulous fishy gift at a time.



 
















No comments:

Post a Comment