Sunday, June 26, 2016

Yarn Church

Hello!

I am enjoying my first week (of two) off from teaching by knitting with my friends every possible chance I can.

I made it to Wednesday knitting at Crossroads, Friday morning knitting at Crossroads, and Yarn Church (Sunday morning Knitting at Panera's in Redmond).  Tomorrow night I will attend the June meeting of the Eastside Knitters Guild (also at Crossroads!) and then start back up with Wednesday knitting...

There is never enough knitting with friends.
Today, I brought my Speckled Shawl by VanesaPolo. I am "test knitting" it, but not really, as the pattern is like all of Vanesa's patterns: simple, well written, beautiful, and easy to knit.  I am on the last section, and hope to finish it so I can block it tomorrow.  You know that speckled yarn you bought, that you don't know how to use?  This is the perfect project.

Hrvdmnky had just finished another of Vanesa's designs, Wacky Wings.  This pattern was Acorn Street Yarn Shop's free shop pattern for the North Puget Sound Yarn Crawl this Spring.  I am going to make one next month!
VanesaPolo was making a bottom up shawl with a lace border.

KellieR is knitting Lilli Pilli Wrap.

Wajio has started the second mitten.

Puzan brought this beautiful Brooke's Column of Leaves Knitted Scarf to show and tell.  Ha ha ha Puzan, I thought this was knit by JitteryKnitter and that you had just blocked it for her, and I was looking on her project page for the name of the pattern. Of course, I didn't find it there so I realized that YOU had knit it.  Truly lovely.  I should have known.
JitteryKnitter is finishing this amazing shawl.  Sorry, I don't have the name, but it is really pretty.

Puzan was knitting her first pair of toe up socks.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with speckled yarn.

Look who's moving in!

No comments:

Post a Comment