Tuesday, June 30, 2015

This Might be the Ugliest Thing I've Ever Made

Hello:

Honestly, I think that I was thinking, "I'll make a fast granny square folk sweater/vest thing" for the Seattle Knitters Guild's Camp Aaron bear clothes charity knitting.  So I just couldn't leave well enough alone and have a rather ugly tank top vest thing.

For the Care of Magical Creatures class in the Harry Potter Knitting Crochet House Cup (HPKCHC), the assignment was to breed a new creature from 2 different things.  I think they meant to put parts of different patterns together, but I decided to both knit and crochet on the same project.

So, I took this ugly tank, and added little sleeves by picking up stitches and knitting.
I increased a bunch so they would be ... I honestly don't know.  Maybe I was thinking "frilly."

Then I knit a skirt to go with the top in black, and then bound off with crochet.
Then I went back and added a bit of crochet embellishment.
Originally, I was going to then crochet into the chains I added with the yellow, and make ruffles, but the skirt is so full and ruffly already, that it seemed like overkill.
I think if I make another, I will start with less stitches, and increase less.  Well, anyway, this is what the outfit looks like:
I can't even imagine what it is going to look like on a teddy bear.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with mutant crafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment