Thursday, June 25, 2015

Knitted Knockers at Poo Poo Point



Hello:
I am trying to take one real hike every week this summer.  To start this off, today I hiked up to Poo Poo Point on Tiger Mountain behind Issaquah.

The maps and some of the trail signs say this is about 3.8 miles to the top.  Other trail signs say this trail is a bit over 4 miles to the top.  My fitbit said it was 7 miles to the top.  What ever.  It was brutal for me.
I got to the trail head at 7:30 this morning and headed up.  Most of the hike is through pretty thick forest,
so it was mostly in the shade and relatively cool.  There are all these signs warning about cougars and bears,
I think I saw bear poop (scat) at the very beginning of the trail,
I never saw any bears or cougars, thank goodness.  I did hear tons of birds, saw a deer
something that I think was a mole? burrowing into the dirt.
The trail is mostly not tough, just unrelentingly up up up.
There are some fairly steep spots, which were tough on my knees on the way down.  The view from the top was worth it.
Poo Poo Point is where the local paragliders launch.  You can see the launching pad at the bottom of this next photo.
There are picnic tables, benches, and a bathroom at the top.
I ate a snack while I rested, then worked a bit on a Knitted Knocker.
It was a great hike.

For my fitbit, I logged 29,000 steps and 173 stairs.  Wow.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet on the top of Tiger Mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment