Saturday, June 27, 2015

Quick Post about Progress

Today, Wajio, ReadnitDream, Anya, and I went to Weaving Works for their Saturday Spin-in.  I spun the last bobbin of the 8 I need for my Order of the Phoenix Mission.  Tomorrow, I will start plying the singles into 2-ply skeins of yarn.

I was also able to test run a Lendrum wheel and an Ashford Ladybug wheel.  I couldn't say which I liked more.  They both were really smooth. 

When I got home, Doc and I went to see the new Melissa McCarthy movie, Spy.  Very funny.  I brought the socks that I am knitting for my brother.  His feet are now so swollen that he really can't wear regular socks, and has asked me to knit up 4 pair for him.  Since he won't be walking, and I can't really trust his care givers to wash wool correctly, I am using Berroco Vintage in the worsted weight.  I don't have a progress photo of these, but they are coming along nicely.

I am almost finished with the 2nd pair of the 3 pair of "heavily cabled" socks that I am knitting for my OWL.
I thought that I would finish these last night, but I was at the part where I don't seem to make any progress.  I mean, I would knit the 6 row repeat of the end of foot pattern, and measure the socks.  Too Short.  Knit the repeat again and measure my progress.  None.  No Progress.  Knit another repeat.  Still too short.  I was going crazy.  I am finally closing up the toes, but don't have a photo of that.

I can't wait to start my Combination Theory Socks. Maybe tomorrow.  I know I can finish up the Bex socks tomorow.  Will I cast on??

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet in some soul draining heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment