Thursday, October 16, 2014

Dont' Tell Me It's Too Short

Hello:
I've finished the body of The Daily Sweater from Mason-Dixon Knitting Knitting Outside the Lines by Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne that I am knitting for my daughter, Moogie.  First of all, Moogie is only 5'2" and pretty short wasted.  Secondly, although the sweater is more tunic length in the book, she specifically told me that she wants it to just hit her on the hip bone.  We measured the length from under her arm to her hip, and the sweater. unblocked, is that length.  Since it is top-down, if it IS too short, it should be easy to fix.

Now, I need to pick up the live stitches for the sleeves, and get those knitted.  The stockinette is boring, and although I like the color, the solid color is boring, too.  When I was knitting the body, I set myself a specific goal for each day, and wasn't "allowed" to knit or crochet anything else until I had reached the goal.  I will have to do this for the sleeves, too, or they won't get knit.  I am also going to try to knit them 2-at-a time.  It might be a bit awkward at first but I'm pretty sure I can do this.  If I don't, I'm sure they won't end up the same length.

Moogie is studying in London this fall, and because she doesn't have any Friday classes, she has  been able to do a bit of traveling.  I wanted to share some of her photos from Paris.


See what I mean about being short? Moogie is the blond on the right.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with a lavender sweater.


No comments:

Post a Comment