Sunday, September 14, 2014

Flat Harry

Hello:

This term for the Harry Potter Knitting Crochet House Cup (HPKCHC), my Pride, the Sugar Quills, is doing a "Flat Swap."

We did this last Winter Term, and it was so much fun, that we decided to do it again.  I made 3 "flat" characters:  Flat Ron, Flat Hermione, and Flat Harry.  Here they are on my deck with the Cascade Mountains and Lake Sammamish in the the background.

I will sign the back of each "Flat" and mail them off to 3 of my Pride members with some flat(ish) presents.  Then they will take photos of some place or places where they live, post those photos in our Pride Thread so we can see where the Flats visited, and mail a package on to a new person.  It is such a fun way to get to know each other, and it is really fun to see the places everyone takes the Flats.  Last time I took the three flats to the Space Needle.  This time, I stayed on the Eastside, and brought them to Sunday knitting at Panteras where they helped BlueBerryMary, BlueWolfWalking and me with our knitting.  Hermione helped BlueberryMary knit some socks (2-at-a-time).  Harry helped BlueWolfWalking with her shawl.  And Ron helped me knit the beginning of a Weasley Sweater for Moogie.  He is an expert at those sweaters.
Then, on the way home, we stopped at Microsoft's Redmond Headquarters.
We did not see Bill Gates... But I introduced them to the magic of computers.  Ok, Hermione already knew quite a bit about them.  Finally, we went for a hike on one of the trails in my neighborhood.
It reminded them a bit of their time in the woods hiding from the Snatchers, but in a much more friendly way.

If you want to check out their travels, you are welcome to visit our Pride Thread.  It should be a fun swap.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with flat friends.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment