Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Back with the Eastside Stitchers

Hello!

It's so nice to be home.  Of course, one of the best things about being back is getting together to knit with my Eastside Stitchers.  I have started a new job, and things are totally hectic with working all day, trying to get caught up on home errands, still fighting with jet lag, etc., but I was sooo looking forward to getting together with my buddies for some stress-free knitting.

The picture above is of the double knit mittens and two of the hats I have knit for the Detroit Achievement Academy.  I finished these (all but the last bit of weaving in) while riding the Tube in London.  I brought another hat to knitting tonight that I'm knitting for the same school.  But that isn't the only reason I wanted to show you these hats and mittens.  Two of the people at Crossroads tonight brought their projects for the Detroit Achievement Academy.  It is so much fun to see the different hat and mitten patterns.
Wajio had finished two pairs of mittens and started a third.  We had a great discussion of how to make the thumb gussets.

JulieMustKnit also brought something for the Detroit Achievement Academy.

She has finished a beautiful hat, and is on the thumb of her first mitten.

GwenS was knitting red tonight,  the Tart colorway, to be specific.  She is making an Antler Cardigan for the beautiful Addie.
VanesaPolo was at Crossroads tonight, but she didn't bring knitting, she brought the beautiful Emma. It was perfect to see them both on my second night back.

We had a new Eastside Stitcher tonight.  Julie's niece, Jennifer, joined us at the round table near Half-Price Books.
Jennifer is new to knitting.  She cast on her first scarf and finished her first row!  It was really fun to watch someone who is just starting out.

Ok, I'm still not quite on Pacific Time yet, so I'm off to bed.  I am really enjoying my new job, but I need to get some regular sleep to be ready in the mornings.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with knitting buddies.




No comments:

Post a Comment