Thursday, August 9, 2012

Bad Blogger


Hi there,

I'm sorry I have been such a bad blogger lately.  The truth is, I am down in Southern California helping out at my brother's house for possibly the whole month of August.  We started with a great week of most of the cousins getting together for a "staycation,"  that is a vacation where you stay at home.  My 3 youngest kids, Moogie, Himes, and Pookie, are with me.  For us it is not a staycation as we traveled down, but for the cousins who live in So. Cal., this is very different from what they are used to.

The sad truth is that my  brother was diagnosed with ALS, or Lou Gehrig's Disease last year, and he needed some help this month as his wife is in another state for military training.  They have 3 kids, and well, I didn't want my brother to be home without an adult at night as he is basically a quadriplegic now.  He is in great spirits, but has crummy internet (perhaps he has other things on his mind...), so getting on to post is a pain.

As I will likely be here a while, I need to figure out how to post, especially photos which take forever to download.

I have finished the 3 projects/entries I had planned for the Ravellenic Games,
Red Hot Lewk Sweater for WIP's Wrestling
Moon Squares for Modular Relay

Yoga Socks of Glory for Sock Put


and am working sporadically on the 4th, a reversible cowl.


I am not sure if I will finish it, as I am pretty busy right now.  But things should slow down next week, and I hope to get in more knitting.

Honestly, if you knew how long it took to put those photos on this page... well, it is very slow.

Anyway, I still plan to blog regularly while I am down here.  I hope to find a knitting group to crash.  And I really miss my Eastside Stitchers!  (as well as my darling husband, the Doc).

However, I did get to see my nephew, Nino, hit 2 homeruns last Sunday.

 So, internet aside, I am having a wonderful time with my brother's kids.  And it is great to get to spend time with my brother, and help him this way.

Stay safe and well.

Yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with 3. count them 3! Medals of glory from the 2012 Ravellenic Games.





No comments:

Post a Comment