Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fireworks and Tchaikovsky

Hello!

Life
That's a really bad photo of fireworks taken during the Pacific Symphony's performance of Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater in Irvine, CA.  But, I'm getting ahead of myself.  I had such a full day yesterday, that I didn't get a chance to blog about my day on Friday, August 24th.

Friday, my daughter, Moogie, and I went to Bower's Museum in Santa Ana, CA. 

It has mostly art from Native cultures, Pacific Rim and local Orange County groups, and then other traveling exhibits.  I took about a million photos, and think there could be many hats made using the motifs from the baskets, paddles, shields, etc. were on display.




But yesterday, was the really big day.

It started with coffee at Cafe Lucca with my sister, S, our friend Roy, and an old high school friend, Maureen.
Then I went to my best friend from high school, Sandy's, house and made Spam Musubi (Spam Sushi) with Sandy and her mom.
We made a ton of it for my brother's family, as Sandy had signed up on the TakeThemAMeal site to bring dinner, and my sister in law, Franny, had told Sandy that the kids loved Spam Musubi.

Well, actually, Sandy's mom cooked everything, Sandy assembled it all.

 I was just the cutter.  We brought it all to Mark's house, and had a bit ourselves.  Just a bit.  Then Moogie, Sister S, and S's Sister in Law and Niece (S and L) went to see the Pacific Symphony. 


We sat in the grass area at the top,

ate a picnic dinner,
and enjoyed the music and fireworks.

I brought my Better than French Vanilla Socks, because there was no way I was going to try to knit lace there.  And, that is all I have otn right now.

Stay safe and well.
Yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet through cannon booms!












No comments:

Post a Comment