Wednesday, November 2, 2011

All Souls' Day Wednesday, November 2, 2011

First of all, Happy Birthday to my godson, Scott! 

Today is a Holy Day in the Catholic church, where we remember all our loved ones who have passed away.  Last year, my mother-in-law, Jeannie, died suddenly from a massive heart attack.  Completely out of the blue.  She was a wonderful woman.  A  wonderful Mother-in-Law.  My friends would get together and kind of dis their MOL's  and I would have to admit that I loved mine.  She was supportive, loving, generous, fun, funny, never interfering, I could go on and on. Right from the beginning she was terrific.  Her loss in our lives is huge.  I was in New York when she died, with our dancer son, James, at a ballet competition.  It was horrible.  We couldn't leave.  My husband had to catch a plane for Arizona to be with his devastated father.  We had our God Children living with us last year.  Their home was in total upheaval, and we had taken them in for the school year.  We had 8 kids, 7 of them living in our house, my godson, Scott, slept in the playroom on a beanbag chair.  My daughter, Allie, the only one who was living out, came home from college and took care of everyone until I could get home from NYC.  They had a very small funeral, then a  bigger family memorial later in June that we could not attend either.  We will head to Arizona for Thanksgiving to visit her grave.  And say a formal goodbye.  But I think of her all the time.  I love you, Jeannie.

No comments:

Post a Comment