Monday, October 3, 2011

Sockdown October! October 3, 2011

FINISHED!  Yes, I have finished the Glass Slippers Socks for Samantha.  They are washed and on the blockers. 





Again, don't look tooooo closely, but still, I think they look great.

Ok, Sockdown October has started.  I made myself finish up the first September entry before I let myself cast on something for October. 
This month the challenge is:

Technique: Texture other than ribbing formed by knits and purls OR Beaded Knitting OR Holiday Stocking or Sock

Designer: Stephanie Etting verybusymonkey

There were some VERY lively discussions about what constituted a Holiday!  LOL, I love this group.  Basically, they decided that any holiday could be represented, even my favorite, Talk Like A Pirate Day.

I decided to try for a pair of socks for Hannah again.  This time, I am trying a "texture other than ribbing formed by knits and purls."  I'm making Hermione's Everyday Socks  using some gorgeous Madelinetosh Sock Yarn in the Fragrant Colorway:




This photo makes the yarn look a bit darker than it really is.  I think they will be beautiful, and Hannah is a true Harry Potter fan.  I know she will love them.

But, before I get serious about the Hermione socks (they will now be my "sit and knit" project), I will start cranking on my Watercress Mystery Socks for Luke.

I have almost finished the first iteration of the main foot pattern, and am almost ready for the gusset:


 
Here is a closer look at the pattern:

Be-a-u-ti-ful!

I have printed the 2nd set of "clues," and am excited about moving on with these socks.

Isn't it nice to have goals?

Isn't it even better to reach a goal?

Here is to success!

C. A. Losi

No comments:

Post a Comment