Monday, October 3, 2011

Quick note with info

This is just a quick note with the information on the Watercress Mystery Socks I am knitting for the September Sockdown challenge.  Ok, I know it is already October.  I started them in September, though, so if I can get them finished before the end of October, they will still count.

Here is the math on them so far:


Mystery Watercress Socks
for Luke

Start Date:  Sept. 15, 2011
Completion Date:  ?
Pattern Used:  Watercress Socks by Lise Brackbill
Yarn:  Kuka yarns Light Green
Needles:  Addi Turbo Lace #0
Notes:  first mock (I'm assuming this means mystery socks, 2nd sockdown socks)
Link to my Project Page: [calosi's watercress socks](project)

size men's 11
11 in. long  sock

gauge:
38 st/4.5 in = 8.44 st/in
28 rows/2.5 in = 11.2 rows/in

for regular instep, work until sock measures 2.9 in shorter than total length
so 11 - 2.9 = 8.1 in
at 11.2 rows/in this is 11.2x8.1 = 90.72 rows

toe is 1 + 1 + 1+  (76-21)/2= 32
90.72 - 32 = 58.72 rows

the pattern is 28 rows,
so almost 2 repeats before the gusset.

I have finished 1 repeat of the pattern.  it is a quick pattern though, so I should be able to crank out a 2nd repeat in no time =)

I posted a photo on this blog this morning, but I will re post it so you can see them again.



No comments:

Post a Comment