Sunday, May 8, 2011

2-at-a-Time Sheep 5.8.11

I'm making good progress on my sheep puppets.  I have finished the first part of the bodies, and am separating the knit-in-the-round, to make finger holes.  The 2-at-a-time socks books has me do this one sock at a time.  Since I have such trouble counting, and therefore making heels, heel cups, etc the same length, I am trying to knit both puppets simultaneously.  Since these are knit in stockinette stitch, this means that the first puppet starts with a knit side followed by a purl side.  The second puppet starts with a purl side and then the knit side. 


Of course, I am dying to make some socks, but I am making myself not start another project until I finish one of the two I am currently on (afghan or puppets).  But I can't wait to see if I can translate this to socks.  I would have to seriously look at how the sock heels are knit and then do some practicing since one sock would be opposite.  The easy thing to do would be to have one sock with one extra row of purls.  I doubt that would make a big difference in the sock, but maybe it would.  Again, I will have to experiment. I sense that my 2 great nephews, and my NE nephews/nieces will have lots of practice socks with weird heels.

C. A. Losi

No comments:

Post a Comment