Monday, April 6, 2015

Passed

Hello:
I didn't make it to Knitting with the Eastside Stitchers on last Wednesday night.  I was going to miss because I was going to the Seattle Knitters Guild Meeting with Puzan and JitteryKnitter, but I had the most horrible stress headache. So I didn't go to that either.

You see, I had to take this big test on Saturday.  Yes, the Saturday before Easter, I had a big test.  I am trying to get my Washington State Teachers Certification to teach grade 6 - 12 Math.  I have a lifetime Texas secondary Math certification, but NO, that's not good enough for Washington State.  So I had to take a test that covered algebra, algebra II (including logs and matrices), trig, geometry (including proofs), statistics, probability, combinations/permutations, set theory, logic, and history of math.

I took a practice test online the weekend before, and well, didn't finish it in time.  The test is 4 hours long.  At 4 hours, I wasn't even half way finished.

It's not that I don't know this stuff.  It's just that I haven't done most of it in about 30 years. And, I'm slow.

So, I studied all Wednesday night, and Thursday night, and Friday night.  I studied during every break at work, and every bit of down time.  I had trouble sleeping at night because my brain kept doing math.

I haven't knit a stitch since I finished my last projects for HPKCHC, ha ha ha and the last few turn ins were crochet squares.

I spun a bit on Friday, and Doc said, "shouldn't you be studying?"

Anyway, I took the text Saturday morning at 10 am.  I wore my "Pi Day of the Century" t-shirt for good luck.  Before the test, I went to the restroom and stood in a power position, and said out loud, "I can do this! I am good at math!"  I did push-ups and ran in place to get my blood moving.  Then I went into the testing center.... and didn't finish the test in time.  I had about 15 questions to go.  Really, I had about 20- 25 questions left (out of 150), when I noticed I had about 5 minutes left and I just started skimming problems and choosing answers.  I was devastated when I drove home.

But, I got the results by email that afternoon, and I PASSED!!!!!

Ok, now I'm doing taxes.  But, once that's finished, it's back to spinning.  I need to get my April skein on the spools.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with mad math skills
look! snow in the Cascades again.

No comments:

Post a Comment