Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Wednesday Night with Eastside Stitchers

Hello:

The blurry photo of the woodpecker (above), I believe it's a Northern Flicker, was taken last weekend of a bird that was pecking at our neighbor's metal chimney.  Even though it was fairly early, I have to admit that I love that metal rat-a-tat-tat.  The blurry photo is to get you all in the mood for...blurry photos of what was being knitted tonight at Eastside Stitchers' regular meet up at Crossroads in Bellevue.


JulieMustKnit is knitting 50 hats.  This latest hat is number 42?  somewhere in the 40's.  She recently bought a set of 5 different mystery patterns for hats, and is busy knitting her way through the patterns.

Wajio is on the toe decreases, and is almost ready to Kitchener the toes of her faux colorwork socks.
CathieC is knitting a beautiful colorwork hat for her mom for St. Patrick's Day.
She was ready to start the crown decreases when she decided that the hat was just too tall.  Being an Redbird1, she ripped back the top portion and was getting ready to pick up the stitches, and THEN knit the crown decreases.
I know I'm going to get the name wrong, but GwenS is working on a 3 Color Cashmere Cowl by Joji Locatelli.

Chockelet, who has been on a finishing frenzy is almost finished with this beautiful hitchhiker.

DomesticShorthair is knitting a Petal Cowl, by Xandy Peters.  I thought I saw this beautiful cowl at Madrona last week, but it was actually a similar pattern by the same designer.  It is very striking.

NightOrchid's cabled hat has really progressed.  The camera is still washing out the richness of the red, but at least you can see how perfect her cables are. 
These last photos are of a new person who came tonight, but not to knit.  I didn't get her
Ravelry name, so I will just call her "B."  B brought her drop spindle.
VanesaPolo and the beautiful Emma and Addie were also at knitting, but I missed getting their photos.  Also, ReadKnitDream came just before I left.  We missed her last week, so it was especially nice to see her.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with Knitting Buddies

No comments:

Post a Comment