Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Goodbyes Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Last night we had a goodbye party for my son, James, who is leaving in 1 week to attend Utah Valley University and dance in the corps of the Utah Regional Ballet Company.  He is thrilled.  We are thrilled.  He is the first student from his very tiny studio (also the oldest) to get a paying job dancing.  We had the other students from the studio over after class/rehearsal (they are working on a modern ballet) for a small party.  Lovely to have all the girls here, and one male friend (Logan) who took at the studio part time 2 years ago, as well as my youngest son, Luke, who also dances.

I am so excited for James.  I am so sad to see him go.  He is a great kid.  I will miss him so much.  I keep waiting to get, I don't know... tired? of my kids and eager for them to move out.  I do not feel this way.  I want them all to live on our street and come over Sundays for dinner.

Today I took Luke to the DOL (Department of Licensing) to turn in all his paperwork and make an appointment for his driving test.  WOW, we waited 1 1/2 hours, but the people who work there are very nice.  The guy set us up with a driving test on Saturday morning.  I am so excited for him.  He is a good, careful driver.  I don't know how many people can say that about a 16 year old boy. 

I spent the time at the DOL working on the 3rd try Allie's Rain Socks.  I am about 1/2 way down the foot.  I hope to be working on the gusset by the time we drive out to North Bend on Saturday for the test.  I figure I will be on the heels next week. 

Growing kids, growing socks...

I got my first issue of Interweave Knits.  LOVING IT!  I will talk about it tomorrow, although I have already poured over this issue.

C. A. Losi

No comments:

Post a Comment