Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Going Out of Town Wednedsay, July 27, 2011

I am going to Pittsburgh, PA tomorrow to watch my son dance in the Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre School's Summer Intensive school performance.  I will arrive in Pittsburgh Thursday afternoon, the first performance is Friday.  That one is a student choreographed show.  The actual school performance is Saturday.  After that, we will leave for Chicago early Sunday morning.   We will spend 2 days in Chicago doing a sort of Ferris Bueller's Day Off tour.  Then fly home Monday night.

This type of trip is so much fun for me.  I have missed my son so much, though I know he has been having a blast at the ballet program.






This is his audition photo this year.  He was 15, and is now 16.  I am so proud of him.  There is nothing more fun for me than watching my kids do anything, but mostly dancing.  So I get to see my son and watch him dance.  2 wonderful things.   Also, I don't know anyone in Pittsburgh, so it is always fun for me to visit a new city.  If I were going all by myself, I would spend my free time visiting yarn shops!  I am actually going with a family friend, who I am picking up in Chicago, and who will be our tour guide for the Ferris Bueller Tour.  Here he is modeling the Dr. Who scarf I knitted last Fall:




Since he will be with us, I will still have a good time, but less yarn shops.  I'm not sure what we will do when Luke is still in class... We will have to figure that out.  I do know that we will see the Chicago Art Institute, and Sears Tower, and eat some amazing Pizza in Chicago!

But though I won't be visiting yarn shops this trip, I will be knitting.  I am bringing the Red Hot Socks that I am making for my Great Nephew Zach.  I have finished the toes - to - gusset  (toes and foot), and am ready to start knitting the gusset increases.


I am not sure if I will have time to work on the gussets before I leave or not.  I enjoy public transportation because it gives me a lot of time to knit.  My plane leaves at 6 am, and frankly, I am just not sure if I will be awake enough to knit without mistakes.  But, wow, I should be able to get a TON done if I can stay awake to do it. 

I will also bring yarn for a 2nd pair of socks for Allie.  I just might finish up the Red Hot Socks.  I hope so.  I would love to actually mail them in time for Zach's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment