Monday, November 19, 2012

Heading out to Phoenix

Hello!

Just a quick post.  I am traveling tomorrow to Phoenix for Thanksgiving.  I will be home on Friday, for 2nd Thanksgiving.  It's a complicated story.  My brother-in-law (Husband's sister's husband) has not been doing well, so we want to spend the holiday with the family.  But, only 3 of us can make it.  I will fly down from Seattle, followed by Moogie from Portland after her last class, and Himes will drive up to Phoenix from Tucson after HIS last class.  The Doc has the holiday call.  Pookie is interning for the Bellevue Youth Theater, and their production of Annie is opening the Friday after Thanksgiving.  Allifer always works every day except Thanksgiving.  Since we won't be together, and the family staying behind won't have a real Thanksgiving, I will cook a second Feast for them on Saturday.  Well, sort of a feast... Turkey, at least.

I will bring my computer, and camera, and stuff to knit (I hope to finish my Snape's Stocking - and thereby finish my OWL) while I am down there...and on the planes, but I am not sure how much I will be able to post.  I will try.

I wanted to post the photo of Moogie wearing the Ribbed Mobius Headband I designed.


Tonight Hvrdmnky and Skeinherder came over for a spinning night.  I will have to photograph my singles, but well, I am a bit shy about it because I am such a beginner.  The great news of the evening is that Doc came home from his neighborhood board meeting while we were spinning (Skeinherder and I were using spindles) and Hvrdmnky was on her Schact Ladybug.  Doc was fascinated, and after they left, he told me he thought it was really cool,  I said I might get one, and he did not seem surprised but rather liked the idea.

Anyway, absolutely POURING rain here today, and huge winds.  If it's clear tomorrow, I will try to get some good photos of the Cascades as there is sure to be some beautiful snow on them.

That's all for now.  Stay safe and well.

Yours,

f1bercat
shaping the planet with some spun singles.


No comments:

Post a Comment