Friday, June 10, 2011

mea culpa 6.10.11

1. I got my daughter's copy of the new Interweave Crochet magazine this week.  I have dropped EVERYTHING and started trying to crochet Irish lace.  Not kidding.  Totally obsessed with it.  So far I have successfully crocheted a triangle and 2 rose leaves.  I downloaded this book for about $3 on my kindle (Kindle, Wi-Fi, Graphite, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology - includes Special Offers & Sponsored Screensavers) and have been playing with the motifs.  Totally cool.

2. I keep thinking I will finish my puppets, but have been playing way too much Aion Aion: Assault on Balaurea.  I really need to get a schedule set where I dedicate at least 1 hour in the morning to knitting/crocheting, and another in the evening.  I am determined to finish these.

3. I haven't made much progress on the latest square of James's afghan either!  I am at the last weird place in the center square, and need to be able to just sit for about 30 min. with no interruptions to do that row.  Then I will start on the mitered outer section.


4. I have made some progress on the Summer Mystery Shawlette that I am knitting as part of the KAL (knit a long) with the WendyKnits blog.  I was so proud last post because I was sure that I had discovered a flaw in the pattern.  I went back and actually READ THE DIRECTIONS, not just the chart, and noticed that where I thought she was 1 stitch short, she had directed that the section marker be slipped off, and 1 stitched stolen from the next section...   Wow, I feel foolish.  I am still proud that I can read charts.  Perhaps someday I will be proud of my ability to read directions.


5. There is a giant pile of laundry waiting to be folded.


Both my cats are sleeping upstairs.


Got to love cats.


C. A. Losi

No comments:

Post a Comment