1. I got my daughter's copy of the new Interweave Crochet magazine this week. I have dropped EVERYTHING and started trying to crochet Irish lace. Not kidding. Totally obsessed with it. So far I have successfully crocheted a triangle and 2 rose leaves. I downloaded this book for about $3 on my kindle (Kindle, Wi-Fi, Graphite, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology - includes Special Offers & Sponsored Screensavers) and have been playing with the motifs. Totally cool.
2. I keep thinking I will finish my puppets, but have been playing way too much Aion Aion: Assault on Balaurea. I really need to get a schedule set where I dedicate at least 1 hour in the morning to knitting/crocheting, and another in the evening. I am determined to finish these.
3. I haven't made much progress on the latest square of James's afghan either! I am at the last weird place in the center square, and need to be able to just sit for about 30 min. with no interruptions to do that row. Then I will start on the mitered outer section.
4. I have made some progress on the Summer Mystery Shawlette that I am knitting as part of the KAL (knit a long) with the WendyKnits blog. I was so proud last post because I was sure that I had discovered a flaw in the pattern. I went back and actually READ THE DIRECTIONS, not just the chart, and noticed that where I thought she was 1 stitch short, she had directed that the section marker be slipped off, and 1 stitched stolen from the next section... Wow, I feel foolish. I am still proud that I can read charts. Perhaps someday I will be proud of my ability to read directions.
5. There is a giant pile of laundry waiting to be folded.
Both my cats are sleeping upstairs.
Got to love cats.
C. A. Losi