Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hello?

June 16, 2011

I am still SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWLY working on 3 projects.  I have not picked up the square from James's afghan in a week.  I am afraid I will not remember how to follow that pattern =(.

I have not picked up the puppets in even longer.  I have actually moved them to my office.  Out of sight, out of mind.

I am still knitting on the shawlette.  I keep separating the directions from the bag with the project which makes it hard to work on it in the car.  Today, Luke has a massage.  That means about 1 hour of straight knitting. I should make some progress.  The shawl begins at the bottom and gets smaller and smaller with each row.  It is actually knitting fairly quickly now.

I am still fooling around with the Irish lace book.  There is an "opera bag" project in it that is fabulous.  When I finish up the shawlette, I will start on that.  I will make a ton of small flowers and leaves, then basically connect them together with chains.  I will try to scan the photo in the book somehow and post it.  It is not so much a "pattern" as an idea.  You could make what ever flowers, motifs you want, then just connect them together, and put in a silk or some other fabric liner.

My god children (who we have been fostering this year) are going home in 1 week.  Also, my youngest son is leaving the next day to dance in Pittsburgh for 5 weeks.  Then one week later, number 4 child (also a son) is leaving for 3 weeks in France. The house will be quite empty.  I hope to get into a really nice knitting, writing, walking, Aion schedule =)  Maybe I will finish up all my projects and get to start some socks!

I'm excited.

C. A. Losi

No comments:

Post a Comment