Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WIP Update


Good afternoon, everyone!

This is a bit of a catch up blog, just bringing you up to date on my WIP's before I head out for some fun stitching and chat with the Eastside Stitchers at Crossroads Mall.

WIP

Needles
I only have knitting in progress right now as I am waiting for next month's Block of the Month CAL to be released.

Hearts Abound Socks for my sister, Kathy

I have finished the feet and heels of these self striping pink socks.  I am sure the yarn is too busy for the heart lace pattern, or the lace pattern is too busy for the self striping yarn.  However, when the socks are on, the pattern is more visible.  I did not like the heels in the pattern, so I substituted the heels I used in the Hungry Bees socks I made earlier this year.  These still don't look fabulous, I had some trouble controlling the stitch size on the ssk side of the decreases, but they are still neater than the ones used in the original pattern. 

Here are the finished feet:

Insteps
Soles












Here are the messy heels:

Not too bad
Ugh!  looks so sloppy













I just need to do 1 or 2 repeats of the lace pattern for the legs and the cool ruffled cuff, and they are finished!  I hope to have them off the needles by Feb 28th.  If I make that deadline, I will still be on target for at least 1 pair of socks every month since September.

Liz Marino's Gift Knit Club Gloves

Yippee!  The next project from the Liz Marino's Gift Knits Club from the Knitting With Karma blog has arrived.  It will be some slippers.

The first project is a pair of women's gloves.  Now remember, I have never come close to knitting gloves before, but I have finished the first one and am about 1/3 of the way through the second glove.



Isn't it beautiful???  Look, 4 fingers!  And it was actually pretty easy.


Lewk's Red Sweater

I'm about 1/2 way through the front of the never ending sweater project.  I like to bring this with me when I go places, because I soooooo have the patterns memorized, that I barely have to think about it now.  I brought it with me when I met up with my neighbor BFF's PR and BW for coffee yesterday.  I knit through our whole conversation about what amazing kids we have.



At some point, I will finish the body parts and have to start on the sleeves.  Someday... I plan on bringing this sweater tonight because the conversation can get lively, and I don't want to have to think too much.

Wrapped Like a Princess

I have started a new lace project with the Beginning Lace Knitters Group in Ravelry.  It is a rectangular wrap designed by Betsy Perry called the Princess Lace Wrap.  It calls for worsted weight yarn and size 7 needles.  I am using some gorgeous Cashmerino Aran by Debbie Bliss in a wine color and size 10 needles.  The finished dimensions on the pattern give only 12" in width.  I want a wider wrap, so I am hoping that the size 10 needles will take care of that.  I cast on today, and have finished 1 repeat of the pattern.  Super super simple chart, and it seemed to go quickly.  I am not secure enough though, to bring it to Eastside Stitchers tonight.  Maybe next week.  Anyway, here is what it looks like so far, and unblocked:




That's all for now, I need to pack up my knitting back and camera.  I hope to take photos of everyone's WIPs again tonight and post tomorrow who showed up for the fun.

See you tomorrow.

f1bercat
shaping the planet one lace wrap at a time

No comments:

Post a Comment