Friday, February 17, 2012

Eastside Stitchers Meet February 15, 2012

A small, but fun, group met Wednesday, February 15th at Crossroads Mall in Bellevue.  We are meeting at about 5 pm ish (that's when I showed up) and we stayed almost until 9 pm because we were having so much fun. 

Cleothyla brought a new project, and a finished one to share:

Brambles Beret
Question Bag












MsWiz brought the top she was working on last week:
Sweet Tee


You can see that she has cast on the next piece of it.  She is knitting this in a beautiful Pima Cotton yarn that is so soft.

Colleen had finished the baby blanket she was working on last week and already dropped it off.  She made it for a group that donates baby items to newborns who are born addicted to drugs.  Colleen was working on a fun fur scarf:

Allifer, my daughter, came late, after work, and brought some granny squares she was crocheting, but I had already put my camera away and forgot to photograph MY OWN DAUGHTER!  what a bad Mom.

I had brought my Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket (all finished except for the buttons).  I sewed on the buttons this morning and am ready to mail the Eggplant set out to Appalachian Outreach.  You may remember that I knit this set for the Sharing Our Gifts  Group on Ravelry.

Here is the whole set:


One of the things I love about that group, is checking out all the things the other members make!  I found another darling baby hat, a Baby Pilot Hat from the Chocolate Fishies Blog.  I might make that for the next month's charity,  Rhode Island's Amos House. This is for the homeless, and as they need Everything, baby clothes are again appropriate.  I might make another EZ  BSJ.  Definitely some hats and socks, though.

It's once again cold in my corner of the Pacific Northwest, but fat squirrels and robins are busy in our backyard, much to my cats' enjoyment.  I plan to work on the heart socks for my sister, Kathy, and the Red Sweater for Lewk.  Stay warm, and have a creative day.

f1bercat
saving the planet one eggplant baby set at a time

No comments:

Post a Comment