Sunday, February 19, 2012

First Glove!

Hello there!

I'm writing a quick little post here, because I KNITTED A GLOVE.   Can you tell that I am so proud of myself?  And, here is the best part:  IT WAS EASY.



I know that I blogged that I have joined my first knitting club, the Liz Marino Gift Knits Club.  She is the designer behind, Knitting with Karma, which is also one of my favorite knitting blogs.  The first pattern in the club is for a pair of gloves.  I joined this club because I like Liz's designs and because she makes a lot of stuff I NEVER make.  I knew that it would push me to expand my knitting skills, but well, when the yarn and pattern came for the women's gloves, I was super nervous!  I have never even made mittens, before.

But the yarn is ooooooooo so soft, the directions seemed clear enough, and the photo of the completed glove was lovely.  So, I cast on.  It's not hard at all!  Ok, I had a bit of trouble with holes between the fingers, but when I wove in my yarn ends, I simply stitched through those areas, much like in a sock gusset, and they disappeared.  The glove is soft and beautiful.  I have already finished the cuff of glove #2.  When I finish both, I am starting another pair.  I can't wait to see what the next Gift Knit box brings.

See you all later,

f1bercat
saving the planet one glove at a time

2 comments:

  1. You're now linked on my blog, so everyone can take a peak at that gorgeous work of yours! I hope you're enjoying the socks by now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never knit gloves before when I knit my pair of the Gift Knits Club! They were not near as difficult as I imagined they would be!

    ReplyDelete