Thursday, April 28, 2016

Tonight

Hello:
I'm putting this post up a day late because I was just too tired last night to try to type anything when I got home from Knit Night at Crossroads with the Eastside Stitchers.  The photo at the top is domesticshorthair modeling her beautiful Breakfast Coat.

One of the funny yet awkward things that happens when I wait one day to write up my Wed. post is that I forget who made what.  Like I remember discussing how well the yarn goes with a certain pattern, but then I can't remember who was knitting that pattern!  So I'm making a few guesses here, and when GwenS reads this, she will pm me with the correct information, and I'll get back on and edit.  Ok, Who showed up and what were they knitting?

Anuwizard was just starting a project.

Dreamweaver19 is making a striped cowl.
Chockelet brought a baby blanket for Cee Cee.
GwenS cast off another Elwood sweater.

I'm pretty sure the shawl above is Chockelet's new Color Affection  The beautiful finished object below is Hrvdmnky's Barndom.  (Thanks, GwenS who remembers everything!)
How many stitches can you squish onto a straight needle?  Hrvdmnky is going for the record with this shawl.
This is JitteryKnitter's graduation gift for her daughter who is graduating in 2 count them 2 weeks. Go!  Jitteryknitter!  Knit like the wind!
I want to say this really cool shawl done in two weights is Pamela2708.

Wajio brought charity baby socks.


I think this is Wireknitter's sweater.  It has these really cool pockets.  She also brought the beautiful cowl pictured below this photo.  She finished the cowl at our retreat.

Domesticshorthair brought the new shawl she is working on.

Guess who showed up??  CathieC!  I know the Friday morning group has been hopping, so it was etra great to see Cathie at the Wednesday night meet up.  She brought a beautiful wrap.
BlueBerryMary has changed her mind a bit with this scarf, but seem to have settled on a pattern. (Thanks, Mary!  I totally switch you and Dreamweaver around)
Puzan has the best color sense.  She is making good progress on her shawl.
Ending with the back view of domesticshorthair's gorgeous Breakfast Coat.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet a day late.

P. S. Today at school (ok, Wed, cause I'm finishing this Thursday) was twin day.  My friend and I dressed Pacific Northwest in flannel shirts, jeans, and suspenders.  By lunch, our backs were aching and we noticed that we were slumping.  Ha ha ha the suspenders were putting pressure on our shoulders.  We both took the suspenders off, and stood much straighter.


No comments:

Post a Comment