Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Wednesday of Mid-Winter Break

Hello:
It was a good night for knit hats and mittens.


The Eastside Knitters had our regular meet up at Crossroads in Bellevue.  I left a bit early as I am headed down to Southern California tomorrow to visit my brother and my Mom and Dad.  It's Mid-Winter Break right now for my school district, and I am having a wonderful week off.

On Saturday, I drove to Tacoma with GwenS to hang out at the Madrona Fiber Arts Festival.  I stuck to my yarn diet pretty well, and only  bought one skein.  I have been wanting some gradient yarn, so I bought this gorgeous cake from Huckleberry Knits.
And!  I made a down payment on a Pocket Wheel.
Sunday was Yarn Church at Panera's where I worked on my Bigger On The Inside Shawl in the T.A.R.D.I.S. colorway by Schmutzerella.
Monday I knit away on the TARDIS shawl and a new wrap I'm designing, as well as hooking another square for my niece's pink afghan.
Yesterday, I started playing with loop stitch knitting and made a Sheep finger puppet, and a sheep stuffie.


Then, today Moogie and I went to the Seattle Art Museum to see an amazing exhibit of Kehinde Wiley's portraits.
Followed by the regular Wednesday night meet up of the Eastside Stitchers.
Pamela2708 is knitting with two balls of Crazy Zauberball.
Puzan brought her finished Lluna Shawlette.
JitteryKnitter is almost finished with her Lluna.
GwenS is knitting another Barley.
Wire knitter is knitting a Shawl.
Hvrdmnky is knitting a very spring-like shawl.
NightOrchid and the  beautiful Anya came tonight.  NightOrchid was organizing some reclaimed yarn.
CrunchyNumbers has almost finished her shawl.
BlueBerryMary has started something new.
And!
SpinningLizzy is using up what is left of a skein.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment