Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Wednesday Night with Eastside Stitchers

no wind at all on Sunday morning
Hello!

It's great to be back on the  blog.  I missed the last week Wednesday meet up of the Eastside Stitchers because I felt like... well ... not well.  I didn't even blog that I wasn't going because I felt so crappy.  However, I felt much better the next morning, and didn't even miss work.  Then the weekend came, and it was crazy busy.  I went to the theater with a friend to see Crimes From the Heart.  We went out to dinner first at Fins Bistro. Then, Saturday, I knit knit knit, mostly on my Bigger on the Inside Shawl.
Sunday, was Yarn Church at Panera's in Redmond, and Monday, I had off from work, so Moogie and I did a "Treat Yo' self!" day with mani-pedi's and lunch at Dough Zone. 

A pretty great weekend over all.  But, there was one big problem.  My internet started acting really weird over the weekend.  For some reason, I could get onto only a few sites.  For instance, I could get onto Netflix, but not Ravelry.  I could watch things on YouTube, but not see my email on hotmail or log onto my blog.  It was infuriating, and I was having serious Ravelry withdrawals by yesterday.  Finally, last night, the internet went out completely!  EEEEK!  It was a nightmare. 

Doc had to call Comcast, and they came out and reset everything, and by the time I got home this afternoon, there was INTERNET again!  So, I can report on our regular Wednesday Eastside Stitchers meet up.
Pamela2708 is knitting a colorwork cowl, Ambiguous, by Michelle Hunter published in Knit Purl Hunter.
Puzan is knitting the Lluna Shawlette by VanesaPolo.
JitteryKnitter was also knitting the Lluna Shawlette (not shown), but had another project as well, because it had a "deadline."
DomesticShorthair was starting a new project, a Cabled Pillbox hat.  She also brought her vintage Bed Jacket.
BlueberryMary brought her heart scarf.
She is using fingering weight yarn instead of the worsted weight that the pattern calls for, and so, is knitting the pattern twice to make the scarf wide enough to be called a scarf.
Wajio is starting something new.  You will notice a few new projects tonight.
ReadnitDream was starting a pair of mittens.
GwenS was NOT starting something new, but has made huge progress on her Beyond the Pines shawl.
Speaking of huge progress, SpinningLizzy bound off her Tropfen scarf.
And, last, but not least, CrunchyNumbers has also made HUGE progress on her Nurmilintu shawlette.

We spent a lot of time talking about how much we love meeting at Crossroads.  No kidding.  It's such a great place to knit, even though they turn off the Market Place sign at 7:40 pm every night, and that dims the knitting light a bit. 

The month is ending this weekend, and so I am frantically trying to finish up as many projects as possible for the HPKCHC.  I will try to get some photos of these projects on the blog if possible, but honestly, I'm knitting and spinning like crazy when I am not at work.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with wool.

No comments:

Post a Comment