Thursday, February 23, 2012

Eastside Stitchers Meet February 22, 2012

Good morning, Stitchers!

We had a growing group at Crossroads last night.  Who was there, and what were they stitching?

In Alphabetical Order we had

Allifer, working on the square of a new afghan:


Amigirl (Welcome!  so nice to meet you in the wild), knitting a pair of Cheshire socks.  Amigirl knows the designer, Susan Moskwa.  How cool is that? I have to admit that, while looking for the link to the socks, I lurked a bit on Amigirl's Ravelry page, and noticed that she has knit the same Baby Berry Hat that I made.  What excellent taste she has!


BrainLady had started a cabled baby sweater.  I took the photo just as she sat down.  By the time we left she had a ton finished!  Made me think I need to do before and after photos or just arrived and ready to go...
          
 Chockelet was working on her knitted chess set.  She put the bishop together right before our eyes:
(do not mention that the bishop has no mouth)

 

Cleothyla was working on some Flip Your Lid Gloves.  She is a scary fast knitter.  She finished this glove, and the last bit on the Brambles hat she had brought last week, AND cast on the rib for another hat.  I'm sorry I didn't get photos of those, although the hat sat right next to me on the table.  Beautiful cable work, too.

This delicate piece of soft lace is a baby blanket that Colleen is knitting.  I don't think my little point and click camera really caught the pretty pink color very well.  It is delicious.
          
Jenknotsed8 has made some fun progress on her fishhat!  you can see the lips and some definite body striping.  I have got to make one of these.  

MsWiz brought the finished Sweet T she was working on last week as a show and tell.


 And the new lace scarf she was working on:


Fabulous projects, fabulous chat, fabulous fun.

There is room at the table for more.  Join us next week.  We start showing up 5 pm ish and leave when we need to, though most of us were kicked out by the mall management at about 8:45 last night.

Yours,
f1bercat
stitching together a better world one knitting group at a time

2 comments:

  1. Didn't know I was a scary fast knitter. I just had several projects with me. In two weeks, I'll bring the Harry Potter Illusion shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely can't wait to see that shawl!

    ReplyDelete