Monday, February 6, 2012

Center Heart Square Tutorial

Hi there! 

Here is another stitch tutorial of a sort for the 2012 Crochet Block A Month CAL  on Ravelry.



This is a beautiful square for February,  but I had such a horrible time with it!  I think there is a miscount, and it just threw me off horribly.  I crocheted, and ripped, and crocheted and ripped, back and forth about 5 times.  Finally, I decided to just make one dc less, and it all worked.

I cannot find the designer on Ravelry, or really anywhere, the pattern is free, and is from the Heartmade Blessings Website.  I have emailed that site letting them know I am looking for Ginger Badger.  Since I do not have permission, I will not do a full tutorial for this square.  I will however, post the finished rounds from my square, and will note my changes.  If Ginger Badger asks me to take this down, I will promptly.  It is really important to respect the designer's authority.  I hope she does find out though, and is happy that our group, 2012 Crochet Block a Month CAL, chose her beautiful square.

Round 1:  

Round 2:   



Round 3: 

 BLO is back loop only.  Insert the hook between the 2 loops in each chain or stitch, rather than under lifting both loops like you would normally. 




Round 4:



Round 5:  
This is the round that caused me trouble.  I could not center the heart when I got to round 9.  If this round is off, your heart won't be centered.  That is fine if that is the look you want, but I like things to be design choices, not mistakes.

I joined right in the very center stitch, it was a slip stitch.  There should be 12 ch 3 spaces on the left side of the heart, with the  12th sc attaching RIGHT AT THE BOTTOM, and 12 on the right, the 12th one on the right is IN the first sc.  I had to skip 2 sc at the very bottom twice to get 24 and center the 12th sc on the very bottom.)  I had 24 sc and 24 ch 3 spaces.   



Round 6: 



Round 7:  The first ch 3 should be over the joining dc from the last round



Round 8:

 (sorry this one is sideways)

Round 9:  



Round 10:



Round 11:  



Round  12:


Isn't it just lovely!
If I hear from the designer, I will be sure to update this blog, so please check back.  I would love to have anyone who knows the designer leave me a comment.

Have a great evening.

f1bercat
saving the planet 1 block at a time

2 comments:

  1. Great pics of the progress of this block- it definitely gave me trouble too, especially with the counting. Glad to know that you tried contacting the designer- hopefully the pattern can get fixed for future hookers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like how you put the pics to show how to do this square. Thanks, keep it up. Ginger gdbadger@msn.com

    ReplyDelete