Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving Bounty or A Ton of Food

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving!
I am down in Southern California visiting my extended family for Thanksgiving.  My day started at about 8 am with some baking.  Moogie and I baked corn bread muffins, cheese straws and oyster dressing.  We wanted to get it all made and get out of the kitchen before the hordes of family started arriving.

My brother in law got a turkey and ham going on the smoker in the back yard.

My sister's kids started arriving a bit before noon with their contributions to the meal.
We started with this delicious drink made with 3 bottles of Prosecco, 1/4 bottle St.Germaine, 3 pears sliced thinly, 1/2 pint strawberries, and one can of sprite. Delicious.

There were so many appetizers, it was crazy.  This isn't even all of the choices. 
Stuffed mushrooms above and baked brie below.
Brussels sprouts on cheese and french bread:

Deviled eggs.

Cheese, crackers and fruit.

"Texas Caviar" and guacamole from the sister who lives in Houston.
Then we got around to the actual dinner dishes.
Green bean and Durkee onions and vegetable and cheese ratatouille.
Mashed potatoes.
Two turkeys (one was brought by a guest) and the ham.


Cranberries.  The traditional Can Shaped dish, and a savory cranberry relish that my sister made that I didn't get a photo of, but was delicious.
Peas and creamed corn.


Green salad.

Three different stuffings/dressings:  Vegetarian, sausage, and oyster.



I can't believe it, but I forgot to take photos of the desserts. There were 2 pumpkin pies, 2 pecan pies, an apple pie, a cherry pie, and a tray of cupcakes for the kids.

The guests included my parents, my 3 sisters and their families, my nieces and nephews who are married and their families, my aunt cousin and his family, my nephew by marriage's parents and 2 sisters. and my sister's 4 grandchildren.


Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with a very full stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment